Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter
Looking for a Minecraft Server? Play on ours today!
play.mineboard.org

Possible MineBoard MC server in the works

HaroldHarold Management
edited February 2014 in Minecraft
So yeah. The much delayed MineBoard MC server may finally become a reality. However, it won't be as awesome as I initially planned it to be.

What it will be instead is a hardcore survival *vanilla* server, where griefing, raiding, and killing is allowed, and it's basically survival of the fittest.

The only thing really that would make it better is if I was able to limit the world size and hide/dim playernames so you can't see them through blocks, but unfortunately, CraftBukkit and Spigot are way behind (1.7.2!) on development and a lot of cool plugins have stopped being updated.

So, thoughts? Should I start this or no?

Comments

• MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
    that sucks, I guess we'll just have to stay vanilla for a while. Come to think of it, all the mods are behind including Modloader.
  • HaroldHarold Management
    Yeah apparently the last few MC updates have been huge.
  • MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
    Apparently so, I just hope they don't change the Resource pack format anymore, otherwise I'm gonna be Seriously pissed.
  • VersusMCVersusMC Members
    edited April 2014
    A hardcore server? That'd be fun until you died and it's game over. Why not just /gamerule naturalRegeneration false and bam! Tough survival, but not play once and never come back.

I'd like to see a Rust style server that uses a Technic Launcher modpack with maybe Flans mod more then vanilla, but this would still be cool.
    I forgot Hardcore was the same thing as deathban servers when I wrote this post. I meant like a tough survival scenario. I started the server though and it's down now, wasn't enough interest.
  • I forgot Hardcore was the same thing as deathban servers when I wrote this post. I meant like a tough survival scenario. I started the server though and it's down now, wasn't enough interest.
    Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that :( Any chance of a CraftingDead (DayZ in Minecraft) type survival? Those can actually get featured in the Modpack, and get about 30 - 50 players on all the time.
    That sounds interesting. Where can I learn more about that?

The other reason I shut the server down was because I had a 2 GB VPS and it just consumed all the RAM with 0 players online.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    I'd love to bring back our Mc server, and maybe beef up the RAM? Also, dayz sounds good.
    $20/month for 2 GB RAM. Already pretty pricey.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Ugh, okay let's look for partners then.
  • That sounds interesting. Where can I learn more about that?

The other reason I shut the server down was because I had a 2 GB VPS and it just consumed all the RAM with 0 players online.
    It's normal for a server to consume all the RAM even without any players online. Why this happens? I don't know, but it doesn't seem to affect performance. I experience this with my host as well, but there is no lag whatsoever.

http://craftingdead.com/
    Ugh, okay let's look for partners then.
    That's the hard part...

Problem was it kept crashing after nearing that point. I guess I could have done more to make things optimized.