Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter
Looking for a Minecraft Server? Play on ours today!
play.mineboard.org

EA presents: The Sims 4

MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
For all the Simmers, I have the possible release date for the Sims 4! It's supposed to be released on May 6th of this year and have all new features! The first feature being an all new Create a sim mode.

In CAS, instead of using preset faces or sims like in previous games, you can now push and pull the different parts of your sim to get the exact shape you desire, like molding clay! The only sliders left are the fitness and weight sliders.
Traits are also making a return from the Sims 3, as you'll be able to select the different traits you want your sim to have. They also have three different types of voices to choose from and a pitch slider to make your sim like a songbird or a, let's just say very high or very low pitched. You can also customize the way they walk too. The sims themselves are also more emotionally rich as they can now experience many different emotions! These influence the interactions they can do, to what they would paint, to even how they walk too! THESE are some amazing sims!

Next up, Build mode's room placement is all new with the ability to now only create rooms, but drag them and make perfect shapes with said room, and if you don't like where the room is at, you can take the whole thing and put it in a different part of the house!, Of course if you're more classic like me, I believe they would have wall mode available too for those who don't like room mode. The neighborhoods your sims will live in will also be bigger, richer, and better. How, I don't know!

Lastly, The Sims 4 will be stylized, a huge change from the realistic art style of the Sims 3. The game is available for preorder and PC download from Origin.com The base game(limited edition) is around $60.00 While Digital Deluxe is $70 and comes with add-ons for more items.

Whoo, glad I got that out of my system, I'm a simmer myself and I can't WAIT for this game! I'm saving up my money for it and want to get it on release day or preorder!. Also, Dead Space is available for free from Origin until May 8th.

Comments

• ChaosChaos Management
    Ew, if we've seen anything from the release of that last Sim City is that this game will be terrifyingly bad.
  • MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
    Hey! IT will not! It'll just take a little time to get used to. besides, have you EVER worked with clay at all? It's awesome and so are the sims I'll make! Maybe I'll recreate you and have you live in a mansion. It's not a bad game and btw, Simcity and THE Sims are two totally different games.

I can't believe you dissed a SIMS game when you play SIMCITY!
  • ChaosChaos Management
    I think Sims is a cool game. I may not play it but I've seen it when my girlfriend has played it and its pretty cool. I just prefer a more management aspect, hence Simcity. But what I'm saying is EA is not a very good company ESPECIALLY when it comes to big releases.
    What game did your girlfriend play? 1, 2, 3? Maybe a console game.

Anyway, Simcity is a totally different game from the Sims. EA may not be very good release wise, but the games are good right? just look at their longest running series, 2000 to today!
  • ChaosChaos Management
    I have no idea, 3 I think? It was on the computer. I know Simcity/Sims are different. Simcity you make and manage a city. Sims, you make a little Sim who gets a house, job, etc. The games are decent I suppose, not really into Simcity anymore. But then again idk, I may pick up another pirated version later on. :P
    You know, I have a small collection of sims games from the second base if you want to try then out. It'll be completely free except for 3s expansion packs, which will be $5 each.

And Chaos, It's bad to pirate games, that puts the developers out of their money and then they won't be able to make GOOD games, you want another Sonic 06 or other glitch-filled game cycle?
  • HaroldHarold Management
    Some developers (like Evil Arts in this case) don't need your money.
    Why are you trashing EA like that Luke?
    DLC, and bad acquisition practices. And Sims 4 had the roughest launch I've ever seen.

This is how they work: Release game, usually Battlefield. Then leave out most of the good content, and then sell that stuff later as DLC. So for example you won't be able to drive tanks in BF unless you pay $30, and the game itself is $50. Come on.
    And, the matchmaker for that game is in your web browser. Yep. You join servers or find matches through your web browser, and then it launches the game and joins that match. It takes forever, and no game I have ever played works in such a shitty way like that. Games you can pay $5 for on Steam have their own in-game matchmaking! And BF4 is $50! Come on.

Then there's the games they release that they own the franchise rights to because they bought the developer out. They've released several bad versions, and I think the most recent bad one is that mobile Dungeon Keeper app. Terrible microtransaction-based game.

Sims 4? They went completely online with that shit. You couldn't even play singleplayer offline, which is sorta fine but their servers were down all the time, not to mention the consumer group that's played the game for years played it partly because you didn't need to be online to play.

However, I am a bit of a hypocrite, I own Battlefield 3, although I paid $5 for it and Dead Space 1 and 2. I also really enjoy Titanfall, it doesn't have any of the EA DLC bullshit, but I paid $40 for it on another site instead of $60 through Origin, it's not worth $60.
    Luke, stay away from Battlefield, I know about the shit they've done to that; my cousin plays 4. Next, I ONLY play the Sims aside from Mirrors Edge from time to time so I don't really know about half of the games except for Dead Space(which I love).

Another thing, the Sims 4 isn't online, you just have to BE online to download it(if you get it off origin) and it's single player only.

Aside from the argument, what do you think of Dead space 1 and 2?
    I've never played 1 yet and 2 is fairly easy(though I'm just playing on casual to unlock hardcore). Still enjoy the jumpscares though, I love slaughtering the stalkers I see with my line gun when they try and tackle me.
    Sims 4 didn't used to have an offline mode though, I'm just mentioning how they messed it up real bad on launch.

Haven't played the Dead Space series.
    How did they mess it up?

YOU NEVER PLAYED DEAD SPACE?!!!!! GET IT ON ORIGIN, YOU DESERVE TO EXPERIENCE THE AWESOMENESS!!!