Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter
Looking for a Minecraft Server? Play on ours today!
play.mineboard.org

Mojang EULA clarification

HaroldHarold Management
Mojang has a small Q&A on their site about the new EULA for Minecrap: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

It's not as bad as we previously thought, but I still call it tyranny, and I agree with the guy who said Mojang was worse than EA.

Comments

• ChaosChaos Management
    -- Once on a server, all players must have the same gameplay privileges

--Soft currencies that are earned in-game are fine, but you cannot sell in-game currency for hard currency.

Those 2 bug me a lot. I think division is good, we're sure not equal in the real world. But who do Mojang think they are trying to control us?

I think the best route is to allow it to be purchased with either Soft Currency (in-game dollars) and real money ($), and then make the soft currency price so obscenely high no one could ever get it. But that's it tbh.

Mojang is just being stupid at this point...
  • MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
    Maybe not THAT high Chaos, but it should be high enough that it'll take a good while to earn enough to pay for it. And then you can only keep it temporarily, like say, for creative privileges; you could only keep for 1-2 months and it would cost, say... 10,000 in game money.

and there could be a secondary currency earned by completing specific tasks, like posting on the server's forums if they have them. Or winning contests in game.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    That sounds good mcminer, anything that just fights Mojang on the matter tbh.
    You know, Bestcraft actually does that. They have their iconomy money, and then there are vote points. All they'd have to do is remove the hard shop and reconfigure the perks to be buyable with points.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    I mean it is a good idea, I just dont want to be forced into that model.
    Ah well. Wasn't trying to force us into that model, just recommending it since it was the best one I could think of.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Oh yeah I understand, Mojang isnt giving us much room here..
    Not much room at all...
    Won't be long before their tyranny extends to forums too. The WE'LL be threatened.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Yeah let's watch them do that... That's just sad.
    It is... I'm still surprised that they may actually do that for having users (or mods/admin) who just bash the game for having too much new stuff and too little performance fixes/work on whatever mod api they might have.

I swear Things were better when Notch was in control instead of Jeb. We might even have had the API by now and have MC run much more smoothly.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Notch has a better vision for the game, Jeb just does crappy things for no reason.
    Yup. Why Notch stepped down, We'll never know. But what we do know is that Notch would've had the mod API up by now and Jeb hasn't done anything in two months. Not even a new snapshot.

Jeez I've resorted to playing Beta just to quell what little urge to play I have. I'm also about ready to sell my Xbox edition just because I have no urge to play that anymore.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Honestly everyone who plays the Xbox Edition has never played real, true Minecraft. lol.
  • HaroldHarold Management
    Chaos said:

Honestly everyone who plays the Xbox Edition has never played real, true Minecraft. lol.

This.

To tell you the truth, I have MC on all platforms. But I found all of them getting less fun due to somewhat monotonous gameplay imo.
  • Xbox edition minecraft: better than pocket, but crap compared to PC
    Yeah don't they limit you on how far out you can go?
  • yeah
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Yeah I didn't like that at all. And it is better than the pocket, that's true.
    Completely, but it's still fun for an occasional round of trolling squeakers that've made your friend list.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Well that's true I suppose. I, in the end, enjoy the computer version the most.
    The computer version has the advantage of not even having to use the Mojang client to troll people, you can use specially built clients fully optimized for the purpose of griefing, trolling, and murdering.
    of course you love trolling luke! Ah well, can't change someone can I?
  • ChaosChaos Management
    It is pretty fun, I coded my own client for it too. :P However, these days I mostly just play to build cool houses.
    That's exactly what I do! Though, even THAT'S gotten old. Might go back on to continue Luckcraft once I get the time. Got all the frames for the next comic. But handling my tablet's pen for too long gives me writers cramp.