Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter
Looking for a Minecraft Server? Play on ours today!
play.mineboard.org

What Type Of Player Are You

ChaosChaos Management
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
Are you the kind that grinds for hours (Luke) and gets angry (Luke) when something goes wrong? Or, are you more casual and just play to have fun and waste a bit of time. Or do you barely even play games, only ever when your friends basically force you too. :P

Or.. are you the type of person that lives in the videogames and thinks the real word is a scary place with too much light. :P Which, let's be honest, we've all been at some point or another. Haha.

Also, if given the option, do you like to kill other people? Or Npcs?

Comments

• HaroldHarold Management
    I kill all equally.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Luke you can barely kill anything. :P
    The screams of the damned beg to differ.
  • MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
    I'm somewhat casual about my games. But I'm also strategic when I game hard. MC? I build a farm and base in the sky. Dead Space? Stick with a 3-2 gun loadout and upgrade them to the max on normal, then go to zealot. Even the Sims isn't safe.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Why do you build a base in the sky? What's wrong with the ground?
    what the hell is wrong with the ground?
  • ChaosChaos Management
    The sky is just completely unsafe. It's for bird and air not us humans.
    Hey, there's nothing wrong with the sky! besides, a sky base is actually recommended in 7d2d to keep out flying enemies and spider zombies. And all enemies in MC, and Terraria during blood moons when enemies will break doors faster or just open them.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Dude the ground is easier though!
    Fortunately in Minecraft we have no sky enemies, so I guess a sky base is viable, but so is an underground base.

Ground is far easier though. Same goes for Terraria.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Lol just go underground if it's a big deal and mine. What are you even going to do in the sky all night, bungee jump?
    Nothing like a good suicide to put you to sleep at night.
    I actually have(in Terraria) an entire city built in midair. it has almost everything and every pre-hardmode NPC in the game.

In MC, I just keep my house in the sky and my real base underground. The sky house is kept up by a 1 block thick pillar going up 17 blocks with ladders. It does well against seiges sonce I live in a Village.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    I don't see the point or usefulness of a Sky house though. You could just make a normal, yet slightly fortified, house on the ground. Or dig yourself into a mountain and fortify the entranceway with Redstone traps, iron doors, or a red-stone (sticky-piston powered) doorway that requires some type of code with buttons. Anything like that is better than.. the sky. :(
    Well I find the sky very appealing just so you know. And FYI, there IS no Redstone or electricity in 7D2D so the sky is actually a formidable ally in a situation like that. Plus, you'd only have Zombies tearing up a small portion of your base instead of ripping through the walls and eating your face in a sky house.
    But if you're deep underground it's also hard for zombies to tear up your face.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Sounds like the underground base is better. Let's review.

Sky Base - Only protection: Walls and air
    Underground base - Only protection: Tons upon tons of rock and minerals that zombies would have to go through combined with your own walls and doors and I suppose air.

I'll take safety over bungee jumping. :P
    Not to mention there's all sorts of cool things you can do to disguise your ground entrance to your underground lair. I like to build a hidden piston door in a cave.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Indeed! I'd like to further my previous list by stating:

-Underground bases can be disguised better. And, you are already setup with your own mine and optional use of building materials! And if you start an underground farm/tree farm you are [b]Literally[/b] self-sustainable. You'll never have to come up from your lovely, dark, underground home to the burning light.
    It's great on servers especially, because if you find a spot way out and dig a winding staircase all the way down to bedrock (you can build a water elevator later) and then start building your base right above where the bedrock fog happens, then it will be really hard for people to see your nametag unless they have hacks.

Which is one of the things that annoys me about Minecraft, I would love to set up another server if I could just hide the stupid nametags that constantly float above your character's head.
  • ChaosChaos Management

We should set up another server and make it Super Hardcore. No names, and weapons only last for one kill. So you have to conserve your resources. And breaking player placed blocks takes double the time (so building fortresses are worth it).

And then we could create villages and such. No factions plugin though, that's stupid.

I guess that'll work. At least then we'd be able to keep a server up instead of having to wait for one to not be down.

edited July 2014

@Chaos said: We should set up another server and make it Super Hardcore. No names, and weapons only last for one kill. So you have to conserve your resources. And breaking player placed blocks takes double the time (so building fortresses are worth it).

And then we could create villages and such. No factions plugin though, that's stupid.

Great idea. I would like factions but man those plugins are complicated and messy.

• ChaosChaos Management

Yeah factions is not needed. And lol Mcminer. :P

• i am the type of person that lives in the videogames and thinks the real word is a scary place with too much light, and i really enjoy killing people :3