Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter
Looking for a Minecraft Server? Play on ours today!
play.mineboard.org

Space Engineers update 01.038: Steerable wheels and suspensions

Man, and I thought Space Engineers was all about spaceships.

Full changelog: http://forums.keenswh.com/post?id=6979414

Comments

• ChaosChaos Management
    Umm... what. So can we like use those to drive around in ships?
  • HaroldHarold Management
    And on stations!
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Ooh, sounds good! Have you made a massive cruiser of death yet?
    Naw, not really interested in massive cruisers because they're hard to manage by one guy.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    How many people would you need?
    For the big ship I want to build I'd need 4 people, 1 guy to pilot, 2 for guns, and 1 guy to keep an eye on engineering.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    So what exactly happens with engineering, does it begin to fail?
    Engineering just needs to make sure the reactors are topped off and that the internal conveyor system and mechanical systems are all functioning normally. I plan to have a few bulkhead doors for example that need to be in prime condition at all times.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Bulkhead doors? What do they do :O
    They keep the cargo bays and resource storage bays protected in case of a major hull breach.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Ahh nice, that's good. We need to play this.
  • MCminer2011MCminer2011 Moderators
    Once I get Space Engineers, I'll do engineering for you Luke.
    Awesome!
  • ChaosChaos Management
    I'll make a smaller attack ship to dock inside the big ship! Then when the time comes open the bay doors and I'll fly out as a suicide bomber (if needed) and plow into the enemy.
    You could be my guided missile!
  • ChaosChaos Management
    As long as I can scream "WAITOOOOOOOOR" in the universe-wide mic as I propel myself into the unsuspecting enemy.
  • I'm gonna have to fix and rebuild a LOT of ships with Chaos, aren't I?
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Yep! But hey we'll get tons of plebeian prisoners.
  • Maybe I could turn them into engineers and have them fix the ships you wreck while I maintain the station.
  • ChaosChaos Management
    You'd have to have a security team (led by yourself of course) to watch the plebeians to make sure they can't escape. And if they had good behavior they could join the security team (obviously under watch though) to help us manage the plebs. We'd need a massive carrier ship with tons of defenses and rooms for them to be kept in and not able to escape from. Also, an armory for the guards. And, a massive repair/loading bay for me to keep my torpedo ships and you guys to repair them. But yeah this could work well!
  • I guess so, but who will be on the security team?
  • ChaosChaos Management
    You would lead it! And other people
  • Of course I would. So I'll lead engineering, AND security?
  • ChaosChaos Management
    Yeah I mean we need someone we can trust.
  • Of course. You can always trust me. Hey, you know I'm applying for mod on another forum now. It's been a week now so I'll have to wait another for any kind of conformation.